Additional Content Download
Effective Cold Chain Operation at the Biomanufacturing Facility, from Clinical to Commercial Operations
The exclusive insights from Michael Lee, Project Director of BeiGene Biopharmaceutical Company on understanding the unique supply chain operations at biomanufacturing stage
Find out how Medtronic was able to enhance efficiency and reducing costs in pharma supply chain operations.
Pharma and biotech organizations are beginning to implement some of the market’s newest technologies to enhance how they make decisions and predict outcomes in the supply chain. Take a look at stats on digitization and big data’s impact on current and future pharma supply chains.
A ruined shipment of temperature-controlled medicine can cost much more than lost revenue – it can cost lives. Navigating routes to patients efficiently and cost effectively with temperature sensitive materials is a labor intensive task, and one which hinges on the investment in trustworthy equipment. Investment in packaging design and qualification is a critical part of the tool kit.
Cost arbitrage between established and developing markets through outsourcing no longer brings in the same cost savings it once did, leaving pharma companies stuck with the same problems, and in dire need of new solutions. Download the article to find the new solution for the overcome the biopharma supply chain issues.
Building an Organizational Standard Across your Global Departments to Achieve Resiliency, Agility & Cost Savings throughout your Supply Chain Processes
- Create a global team between quality, supply chain, logistics, and packaging to streamline transportation challenges yielding cost savings Implement governance and address the nuances in global GDP regulations by setting an internal standard at the most stringent level
- Complete a GAP analysis of your different product lines to determine where issues may occur
- Collaborate with suppliers to provide visibility on the inbound for raw materials and semi finished goods for PO’s throughout the entire life cycle as well as forecast
Presentation by Dan Mirica, Former Head of Global Logistics, Lonza Biologics
Immunization Supply Chain 2020: A concentrated strategy to boost cold chain system performance in Gavi Countries
Raja Rao discussed the status of immunization programs in the developing world, current supply chain issues and what threats it may pose to industry progress. He also discussed the current Gates Foundation actions on supply systems and cold chain strengthening and bringing together new cold chain technology, markets, incentives and sound measurement to create results. View his session presentation!
State of the Industry: Addressing the Unmet Medical Needs of Patients’ Globally through Industry Collaboration & Supply Chain Innovation
- Review the international landscape of rare disease treatment & new medicines entering the supply chain to treat them How have regulations in both the US & abroad impacted the industry’s ability to reach patients
- Discuss how new technological innovations and supply chain collaboration can make reaching challenging markets more feasible
- Where is the industry headed next? How is the temperature controlled supply chain an integral part of the future?
Presentation by Wesley Schmidt, Vice President of Quality Systems, AbbVie
Ensuring product integrity from factory to pharmacy: China’s move towards creating reliable traceability systems
In China’s pharma industry, traceability is a concept that is being more heavily endorsed and promoted, despite recent instances of regulatory uncertainty on the matter. Download the article to know more about the exclusive China's traceability journey.
It is imperative that steps be taken in the near future to improve efficiencies and attempt to cut costs in the pharmaceutical supply chain. There are a number of ways this could be done. Download the infographic to know more about the biopharma supply chain tips.
Exploring the importance of supply chain transformation: Interview with Adel Senna, Global Supply Chain Optimisation Director, GSK
As a prelude to his in-depth discussion of supply chain transformation at our upcoming event: Biopharma Supply Chain Asia Summit 2018, IQPC interviewed Adel Senna in order to gain some insight into GSK’s ongoing efforts in this area.